Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Through My Shades: 5 Standout NYFW Designers



Through My Shades: 5 Standout NYFW Designers 

Hundreds of designers showcased their work at NYFW and brought spectacular ideas to life.  The runway was overflowing of intricate designs that left the
audience in awe and wanting more.  After it was all said and done here my top designers included, Naeem Khan, Jonathan Simkhai, Ostwald Helgason, Custo Barcelona and last but not least Milly.



I love when a designer can take sports wear and mix it with a feminine touch.  It was sexy yet athletic at the same time.  I hope to see more of this designer in the near future!



At first glance, the collection itself just made me smile. The pieces were so lively and "happy" that I wanted to snatch every piece for myself.  What better way to display a spring collection than to bring in bright prints and pleated skirts?



The elements of print on print is amazing and when done right it can be a spectacular masterpiece.  





At the end of the show I remember turning to my friend and saying "I would wear every piece in that collection."  Milly did something to me that a lot of designers cannot do.  She took the elements of black and white and stunned the entire crowd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment