Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Through My Shades: Fresh Start




Through My Shades: Fresh Start

A fresh start is sometimes all you need. This past weekend I was able to give over 3 suitcases of clothing away to a couple of my favorite thrift stores.
While sorting through, there were certain pieces that I realized I had held onto because of the memory that it allowed me to hold onto.  One dress in particular I had bought the very first time I visited New York.  It was simply beautiful.  Made out of lace, this red and white floral print dress wrapped effortlessly around my waist. However, with all of its beauty the dress only reminded me of one thing; my hurtful past.  I had purchased the dress with hopes of mending something that was broken, however nothing could.  Subconsciously, I had held onto this dress for so many years with deep hopes of putting back the pieces together. Nonetheless, what shattered this relationship not even a dress could could fix. It was time to let it go, move on, and start fresh.



Zara Floral Skirt,  NYX Matte Lipstick, TopShop Red Pumps and Burgundy Sweater


















No comments:

Post a Comment