Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Through My Shades: My Definition of Love





My Definition of Love

In a world where "I Love You" is tossed around as often as a frisbee, I am very reluctant and reserved about using the phrase.  Love to me is more than words but meaningful and risk taking actions.  It is the ability to give your last gladly and sacrifice with warmth and no hesitation.  I have been privileged to
grow up with both loving parents in the home and have seen first hand what love is and what it is not.  Love is kind, patient and gentle.  Love is neither abusive verbally, physically or mentally.  Love proclaims boldly "for better or worse", knowing that this is more than a mere statement but a vow heard by God and man.  It is not a mediocre gesture of showiness (flashing) on an elaborate day referred to as a wedding day. Love plans for the Life and not the wedding.   Love is quick to give, listen, and attend as well as slow to take, speak, and abandon.  So on this Valentines week I will cherish the life of love I have been blessed with, and look forward to what awaits me in the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment