Monday, January 6, 2014

Through My Shades: Crooked Smile (Pt. 2)


Through My Shades: Crooked Smile (Pt. 2)

As a society women have been brought up with this image of a "Prince Charming" bringing us the ultimate happiness.   Disney instilled in every little girl’s head this perception of "perfection" and "beauty" that would lead us to this “happy ever after" story. This idea of needing to be "saved" has plagued our mind
and this distorted illusion has stayed with us as we have grown up.  Needless to say, this has often left us as women to do anything for the acceptance of a man.  This acceptance from man made us accept anything thrown our way. I don't exempt myself. I often have to snap myself out of the cycle to feel the need to compete for a mans attention and approval; the need to compromise my standards in hopes of a title or security.  I have to remind myself of not only the outward beauty that I hold but the intellectual mind and tenacious spirit that I posses not only as an individual but as a woman.



























No comments:

Post a Comment