Monday, November 18, 2013

Through My Shades: You Made Me A Believer



Through My Shades: You Made Me A Believer

The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.” 
― Maya Angelou

As I poured out to my best friend my frustrations with me trying to see past a persons fault and seeing the good in them, she stated this quote to me - "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." Sometimes you see the good in a person so much to the point that you will let them treat you any way, say whatever
they want to say and cover up for them with a "well they don't know any better."  But the question becomes when is it enough? 

It simply came down to me knowing my worth.  I had to reevaluate what I knew my worth was and what I deserved whether in a friendship or relationship.  After having someone feel comfortable enough to not only demean and hurt me but add insult to injury by joking in a distasteful manner about the hurt that they have caused,  it was no longer a question of whether they should be in my life.  I was torn on even responding because I did not want to give them the satisfaction of hurting me but as a human being I can hurt too.  What brought me peace and serenity is that I still choose to see the good in everyone but seeing it from a distance is sometimes the best solution.    



ASOS Top, Pixie Market Lace Skirt, Zara Peep Toe Heels, NARS Matte Pencil






















4 comments:

  1. Choosing yourself is the best thing we can do for ourselves sometimes. I went through a similar situation and this year (after more years than I care to admit), I decided to not answer the phone, not to allow the fear of being alone or him finding happiness in someone else stop me from finding that happiness that I know I deserve. I also won't compare myself to that someone else. You know your worth and you know you gave it your best even when you probably shouldn't have. Self-preservation is underrated. You look fabulous. You better work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything about your comment! I try to be transparent about my life to my readers and I find it very inspirational that others often can relate. Thanks love!

      Delete
  2. Very cute look!! Love the way you styled the prints!

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete