Friday, January 7, 2011

Friendship Fridays




Friendships are real hard to come by, if you know what I mean.  I'm not talking about the kind of so called friendships where you are just a party accessory or only brought around when that person needs something (a shoulder to cry on, somebody to pass the time when they are bored, just to be nosey and get the scoop on your life or other people's, etc). Friendships are almost just as hard to find as a faithful committed relationship (real talk).  To actually find a friend that gives just as much as they take, let's just say it's rare.  Good friendships go beyond surface looks or outer apperance but it is what is inside that makes the friendship last.  An ugly friend on the inside makes for an ugly friend on the outside.  So, when you do meet those ride or die friends, you have to hold on to them for dear life, no matter the distance.  Let me just say, I am truly appreciative of the friends I have.  My friends truly make me happy.....genuinely happy.  We communicate by any means necessary (texts, calls, e-mails, etc).   I can hear one friend saying to me now "Candace I haven't talked to you in forever, I know it was last week but that is practically forever."  But that's how I am with my friends, and they are with me; we communicate and are there for each other.  We support and uplift each other through everything and anything.  We can laugh, cry, fuss and still love each other at the end (wink wink to one of my friends lol).  My friends come in all shapes, colors, sizes but they all have the same attributes: trustworthy, loyal, loving, always there for me, funny....I could go on and on.  The friends I have are simply the best and I absolutely Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment