Tuesday, January 27, 2015

(MUSIC) Empire Inspired: Sye Elaine Spence




Empire Inspired: Sye Elaine Spence
Sye is a singer, writer, artist and above all a Mother.  Find out below what inspires her and how she is inspiring others. 

What inspires you?
Ideas. The subconscious nature of ideas and the possibility of them coming to fruition. I've always been a very imaginative person so it is when I play in that space, is when I am inspired most.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
 I'm actually in the beginning stages of writing my first full length album. So at this point, my aspiration is to see all of my ideas, sonically and visually come together in a way that makes me feel satisfied, and, more importantly, offers a glimpse of beauty into the lives of others. From a big picture standpoint, I'd like to be able to continue in this journey of being an artist that can make decisions based on what moves me. To always represent my truest self, in my work, and trust that where that takes me is exactly where I am meant to be.

How have you worked hard to reach those goals?
Well for me, it was finding out what was important, and valuable to me as an artist. For a long time, I was swimming against the tide, so to speak, trying to force my narrow view of success to happen. I became very focused on accomplishments, affiliations, and making a "name". While all of this is fine, I realized, after a hard look at myself and what it is I truly desire, and it was the freedom to express the human experience from my standpoint, through music, through imagery, through writing. It is funny, as it is when I started focusing inward on what I had to offer, that all the accomplishments and recognition I'd previously hoped for came about. However, it was then put into a much more appropriate perspective.

What would you say to others trying to reach their goals?
Focus on what it is you do well. That is your gift. Even if you haven't perfected 'it'. Take the first step, then the second will be revealed to you, then the third. Trust your instincts even when it seems impossible. Every great thing seemed impossible at the beginning. Remember, things take time, so don't be discouraged by that unavoidable truth. Get to work. Do good work.


Listen below to Sye's EP and make sure to follow her on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment