Thursday, September 26, 2013

Through My Shades: Focused (Part 1)





Through My Shades: Focused

In school I was the child that had to study for weeks in order to get the A.  However, my brother on the other hand could study a day before and ace the entire exam. One day in my frustration I broke down to my father and told him how I was not smart as my brother and how it was not fair that I had to
work so hard.  My father immediately let me know that I had the gift of determination and consistency.  What I did not realize then was that my gift was simply that I never gave up.  No matter how many times I was knocked down, I would get right back up and try again.  I saw a quote this week that said "Hard work will always beat talent." and I could not agree more.  Having goals and dreams are nice but it's not enough.  Having all the talent in the world will never get you anywhere without being consistent, focused and working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment